Did you know that there are more than 50 Engineering entrance exams in India? Admission procedures and entry tests vary widely across states and universities/institutes. Usually, admission to a university in a state is based upon the performance of the candidates in the statewide Higher Secondary examinations. These are usually given after completion of the twelfth standard/grade, for example, the HSC examinations of Maharashtra. Admission into federally established institutes like the Indian Institutes of Technology and the National Institutes of Technology is usually based on a combination of performance in nationwide exams such as the Joint Entrance Examination and the state–level Higher Secondary examinations. Admission to the National Law Universities is based on a national level entry examination conducted annually by the CLAT.
Entrance examinations differ depending upon the type of fields such Engineering entrance exam, Fashion and technology entrance exam, Film and television entrance exam, Management entrance exam, Medical entrance exams, Science/computer entrance exam, Law entrance exam etc are the most preferred entrance exam by the students.
- Engineering Entrance Examinations in India
- All India Engineering/Pharmacy/Architecture Entrance Examination (AIEEE)
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
- SLIET Entrance Test (SET) conducted by Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET), Punjab.
- State Engineering Entrance Exam.
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET).
Fashion and Technology Entrance Examinations in India
- CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design )
- NID Entrance Exam
- NIFT Entrance Exam
- Pearl Academy of Fashion Entrance Exam
Film and Television Entrance Examinations in India
- Film and Television Institute of India Entrance Examination
- National School of drama (NSD) Screening Test
Management Entrance Examinations in India
- AIMS Test for Management Admission (ATMA)
- Admission test for commonwealth Executive MBA & MPA Programme(CEMAT)
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- ICFAI Business School Aptitude test (IBSAT)
- Indian institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) MBA Admission Test
- Integrated Common Entrance Test (ICET)
- Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET)
- Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (K-MAT)
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- National Aptitude Test (NAT)
- National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) – Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
- National Management Aptitude Test (NMAT)
- Open Management Admission Test (OPENMAT) – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Rajasthan Management Admission test (RMAT)
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) for symbiosis Undergraduate Institutes of SIEC Deemed University
- Written Admission test (WAT)- Army Welfare Education Society (AWES)
- Xavier Admission Test (XAT)
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam
- JIPMER Entrance Exam